On Sunday, February 14th, a 93-year-old woman suffered smoke inhalation, following a house fire in Formby.

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a house on Larkhill Lane in Formby.

Fire engines from Formby Community Fire Station, Bootle and Netherton Community Fire Station and Crosby Community Fire Station attended the scene.

Firefighters found the fire, which originated in a pan of food on an electric hob, to be out on arrival.

The elderly woman had inhaled a small amount of smoke, but her oxygen levels were at an acceptable level.

The woman was passed in to the care of paramedics, who also attended the incident.

Firefighters ventilated the property and remained at the scene for around half an hour.

The contents of the pan was severely damaged by fire and the remainder of the house was moderately damaged by smoke.

Source: Southport Visitor by Sophie Mccoid-Sou